Sunday, June 20, 2010

Special Announcement

So, I have decided to delete all the posts on the blog.
Trust me, it's taken me quite a lot of thinking to come to this decision. I know to some people my posts may not be that big of a deal, but to me they are.
I know if I had discovered my own blog a year ago, I would've been ecstatic. Not many international fans have this kind of experience, and I know that. When my blog was first discovered a few days ago, I was excited. However, after seeing it up on various different sites and reading the comments... I changed my mind.
I don't want there to be any kind of negative speculation just because of what I wrote.
The rumors flying around have been a bit scary too, and I don't want to say something I'm not supposed to. (Case in Point: GD's car. I definitely had no idea that international fans didn't know about it. It makes me wonder if we SHOULD know about it.)
Thus, my blog has been shut down.

But, I do know that there may be more fans after me who will visit YG Building. So, I've decided to post up a few rules that I myself learned while visiting.

Rules for YG Building:

  • DO NOT TAKE PICTURES OR VIDEO of the backup dancers, managers, trainees, and, of course, the stars themselves. You may, however, take pictures of the building when they're not there.
  • BE RESPECTFUL to the other fans there. They have been visiting the building far longer than you have, so please, give them space. If they want to talk to you about the stars they will. Don't annoy them. ^^
  • KNOWING KOREAN would be useful. The fans there, if they talk to you, don't know much English. And knowing a bit of Korean before going to Korea is obvously helpful.
  • KEEP QUIET in the area. Please remember that YG Building is near apartments and home residences. Squealing over cute trainees and stars in the middle of the night is NOT a good idea. You'll get yelled at and cussed at by that scary crazy lady.
  • ASK PERMISSION for pretty much everything from the fans. Again, they know a lot more than you do. For autographs, (even pictures of the building to be safe), ask the fans first. They may even help you. If they say no, don't push it.
And that's about it. I know everyone reading this probably knows to do all the rules listed above. My intention is not to insult your intelligence. I merely feel obligated to put this up. I'd feel responsible if YG got a lot more visitors just because of my blog.

Anyway, if you have any questions about Seoul, do feel free to email me at: bittersweetloneliness@gmail.com

I'm sorry for disappointing those of you who wanted to read my other/future visits to YG and various other K-Pop adventures.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that's a bummer :( i really enjoyed those posts

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! i loved your blog and when you said white car i thought the car in his SAL show and maybe thought that you mistaken it for a Bentley aww i really wish you didn't have to stop.... maybe you could put your trips to YG on GDs solo thread ;)...THAT WOULD BE AMAZING

Anonymous said...

Awww man shucks! Haha really loved your posts. It gave me immense happiness when i read it. Almost like i was there, meeting them. Hehe. Thanks a lot tho, it gave us iVIPz like a peek into how life is there. Haha, appreciate it a lot. I swear i couldnt sleep that night after reading your posts. Gave me a lot of hope to meet them. Hehe. Do hope you could continue but oh well, i respect your opinion. Haha thanks anways!
Can i ask a question? The Namu guesthouse you were staying in, i saw it's in Mapo-gu. Is it anywhere near Big Bang or YG Building? Hehe.

Taheera said...

^it was about one stop away

εsмιяиα said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! GIRL U INSPIRED ME TO PLAN MY OWN TRIP TO KOREA!!! i was expecting more tht is not fair!!! and as a remark do not pay attention to the comments made by haters tht mean they actually pay attention to u!! NOW ILL NEVER NOW THE END!! GOD!! well have a nice trip!! and enjoy!!~ ^_^

venetta said...

Thank you for the posts that you had posted. My friends and I really enjoyed it, it's like we are there in Korea haha....
I don't understand how you can negative feedback on all those post. It's just stuff you do when you want to meet your idols. That's what I did too when we were crazy over Arashi and decided to stalk them. It's really really difficult to see Japanese idol groups compared to Koreans one.
Anyway, hope you have a great trip there, and meet more stars! =))

Anonymous said...

Darn, I had bookmarked your blog to read later and now I come back and your posts are all gone...

I haven't heard of any negative feedback or rumors going on. :3

Anyway, it's your blog. Hope you're having a good time in Korea. I wish I was there. ^^

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates